Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:02 am

Postby konakcc » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:22 pm

I recently purchased the RB-BLACK case and two extensions. I have a RPI2 stack with two daughter cards. They
all want to have post, screw, and nut to keep them attached. I don't see how to bolt them altogether and into the base
of the case. The instructions are a little vague here. The M.2 screws that I have don't seem to mate with the holes on
the bottom of the case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Ken

konakcc
n00b

Postby Dave » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:23 am

You wont be able to use the mounting holes on the Pi to attach both the stack and still be able to secure the pi to the case.

I would suggest you use two opposite corners to attach the Pi to the case, and then the other two corners to attach the posts for the stack.

To get the holes to align properly, you'll need to double check you have inserted the Pi into the case correctly. When inserting the Pi, make sure you put it in to the case at a diagonal angle, inserting the hdmi connector into its cut out first, then pressing the Pi down into place.

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Postby konakcc » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:25 pm

Unfortunately, this doesn't work either. The stacking bars screw in from the bottom of the PI if I am not screwing down into the case, so the stack needs to be assembled prior to inserting into the case. Once the stack is in, I can not access the screw to go down into the case (even on opposite sides). The HAT I am trying to install is PI 2 Design CSB502SSD on a PI 2 which doesn't seem to be compatible (USB hole wise) with the case.

I then tried it with PI3 and a Sense HAT and same issue trying to access the screw holes.

This case design needs to be modified such that you can screw the PI down from the outside of the bottom. You might want to try so various HATs and show how to use the case with a couple examples. if the HAT has any IO on them, then they don't work.

konakcc
n00b