Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Postby dmdonovan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:24 am

Hi,

I've recently bought a Pi Zero W and Justboom DAC from your website (Order ID: 186713). The Pi appears to be working correctly but I can't get it to see the DAC. I've tested the DAC on a Pi3 that I have and it's not working on there either. I suspect the issue lies with the DAC as both devices seem to be unable to detect it.

I've checked drivers and they seem to be OK and the device is getting power as when I connect my headphones to the jack I can hear background static. However no matter what settings I use I cannot get output either via the line out or the headphones.

I've followed instructions on the Justboom website for setting up and working with piCorePlayer but I cannot get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind regards

dmdonovan
n00b

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:12 am

Hi,

Would you mind installing a fresh version of Rasbian, using the latest version of NOOBs - http://s.modmypi.com/noobs - and see if you can get it working there.

Older OS versions don't have the dtoverlays needed for the DAC.

Rasbian setup guide - https://www.justboom.co/software/config ... -raspbian/

Please follow the guide all the way to the end, including installing Kodi as this will determine whether its a hardware fault or not.

If that works, then it could be that you are using an older version of piCorePlayer, looks like you need to use the latest beta version pCP3.20beta

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Postby dmdonovan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:37 am

Hi Dave,

I will give that a try but i did check the overlays and the one for the DAC is present. The justboom website states that their hardware works with the piCorePlayer.

I will try a fresh raspbian install though and see.

Thank you for your reply

Kind regards
Dan

dmdonovan
n00b

Postby Dave » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:43 am

dmdonovan wrote:Hi Dave,

I will give that a try but i did check the overlays and the one for the DAC is present. The justboom website states that their hardware works with the piCorePlayer.

I will try a fresh raspbian install though and see.

Thank you for your reply

Kind regards
Dan

Thanks Dan, if that doesn't work I'll be happy to arrange a return for a replacement/refund.

Dave
ModMyPi

Postby dmdonovan » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I've had a chance to test with latest raspbian and it works. Thank you for your help. Must be a problem with the distro I'm using. Glad the sound card works! And it sounds ace!

dmdonovan
n00b

Postby Dave » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:03 am

dmdonovan wrote:Hi,

I've had a chance to test with latest raspbian and it works. Thank you for your help. Must be a problem with the distro I'm using. Glad the sound card works! And it sounds ace!

Glad the hardware is working and living up to expectations!

If you manage to get PiCorePlayer working please let me know how :) I'll also take a look into this at some point myself.

Dave
ModMyPi

Postby dmdonovan » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:55 pm

Dave wrote:
dmdonovan wrote:Hi,

Glad the hardware is working and living up to expectations!

If you manage to get PiCorePlayer working please let me know how :) I'll also take a look into this at some point myself.

Yes, i managed to get it working. Had to use piCorePlayer v3.20 beta 5. Once i did that, i made the required changes to config.txt on the SDCard and everything worked a treat. Though i did have problems with the WiFi but originally I used the 'Audio' image and it seems that this one the WiFi doesn't work. Once i used the standard image everything worked amazingly.

Visit http://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/projectsonos as I've got some pics on there showing how the setup has been used.

Thanks again

Kind regards
Dan

dmdonovan
n00b