Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Postby Jimmylar » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:45 am

Hi. I go by Jimmylar here. Have a bunch of grandchildren ages 7 to 18. I would like to purchase a Rasberry Pi that could be used by all of them. Perhaps with the older one giving on the job training to the younger ones. Which one is recommended for beginners? :)

Jimmylar
n00b

Postby Dave » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:42 am

In terms of "difficulty" in using each of the variations of Pis, there's no difference. They are all basically the same, with the main difference being how powerful they are and how many GPIO pins they have.

I would suggest looking at our setup kits to get them started - http://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/set ... del-b-kits

Depending on what you already have around the house will depend on which kit you might want.

If the grandchildren are interested in a bit of electronics and coding, then I can recommend looking at the "Hacker Kit"

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Postby Jimmylar » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Hi, Thank you very much! I just took a look at your recommendations. I will have to process it and then go back for another look.
I will check with my daughter to see who is the tech savvy person in her family:)

Jimmylar

Jimmylar
n00b