Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:29 am

Postby Eagle722 » Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:48 am

Hello,

I am really new to all of this. I have been a windows user all my life but I am very interested into building my own Media / Storage center with the Raspberry Pi.... but I need help because I know nothing in this. I used to build computers but now I am here seeking your help to plan ahead and to make my project work.

Here is what I seek: a small media / storage center with 2 To storage which I can plug on a computer screen (VGA) to watch movies from time to time but it would be mainly used to store data. I don't plan to do anything fancy like putting a DVD player or make it do something else but I would gladly want to put up to 4 To storage if possible?

I wish the files would be accessible from the other computers of the house for them. Possibility to put new files / delete but not modify directly from it (for example, I don't seek a high quality server to edit 4k video from files on the server if you understand me).

I have been looking into the kits and I don't know how hard my project would be so let me know what you think of it and how to achieve it.

Sorry for my bad english by the way :)

Have a nice day!

Eagle722
n00b

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:02 pm

You might find setting your Raspberry Pi up as a NAS would do the trick.

We have a tutorial for it here: https://www.modmypi.com/blog/tutorials/ ... owered-nas

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support