Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Postby moose » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:36 am

Hey everyone, just realized one very important, but strange thing. The password maximum length for the Modmypi-store account is only 20 characters, however, the forum accepts 100 character password, at least. From Modmypi I would like to request information, would it be possible to upgrade your systems, so longer passwords would be accepted, and perhaps characters being accepted would be informed as well? a-A-z-Z, 0 - 9, work for both store and forums, not sure would special characters, such as # ' ? % etc. work - such would be appreciated as well.

The longer the better. Should you upgrade your systems.

moose
n00b

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:41 pm

moose wrote:Hey everyone, just realized one very important, but strange thing. The password maximum length for the Modmypi-store account is only 20 characters, however, the forum accepts 100 character password, at least. From Modmypi I would like to request information, would it be possible to upgrade your systems, so longer passwords would be accepted, and perhaps characters being accepted would be informed as well? a-A-z-Z, 0 - 9, work for both store and forums, not sure would special characters, such as # ' ? % etc. work - such would be appreciated as well.

The longer the better. Should you upgrade your systems.

We are in the long process of upgrading our core system, so I will pass this on to the web developer.

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support