Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:02 pm

Postby bevc » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:46 pm

I wish to request a return. It seems that I cannot remove the Pi from existing case without causing damage so reluctantly I am not able to use this item. Box has been opened but all parts unused
>

bevc
n00b

Postby Jake » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:09 am

Hi,

No problem at all!

Could you please send a picture of the current casing? It must be possible to remove, and I'll be happy to try and assist (if you still want to remove it that is!)

-- Jake

Jake
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Postby bevc » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi Jake
I've tried to take a photo but it's so small that the issue doesn't show up at all. The problem is that there are 2 plastic clips on one side of the case under which the Pi is held. The other side of the case has 2 prongs which go through holes in the Pi. This combination makes it almost impossible to remove without risk of breaking either the case or, more importantly, the Pi itself.
Is a refund possible?

bevc
n00b

Postby Jake » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:20 am

Hi,

I know the case, it's a multi-comp one. There is a "trick" to removing the Pi from these cases

You have to pull back the tab closest to the USB ports

And lift up on the USB ports at the same time

This allows the Pi to move backwards in the case, detaching from both tab hooks, and you can then angle it out of the side clips

-- Jake

Jake
ModMyPi

Postby bevc » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:18 am

Success! Thank you for your help.

bevc
n00b

Postby Jake » Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:47 am

Excellent, glad I could help

Jake
ModMyPi

Postby bevc » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:48 pm

More issues now - having removed Pi from existing case I have a problem fitting one of the sides of the new one. The ethernet port is blocking the slot in to which the plastic piece should fit (see photo attached). There doesn't seem to be any way it will slot together without brute force and I am not prepared to take this risk. This has been sold as being suitable for the model that I have so it should not be this difficult to put together! Refund please.

bevc
n00b

Attachments

pi.jpg

pi.jpg (1014.49 KiB) Viewed 659 times

Postby Jake » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:08 pm

Hi,

Please check the assembly instructions here:

http://www.modmypi.com/blog/modmypi-ves ... structions

You need to insert and align the front (ethernet) and rear (microSD) panels before the side panels. The ethernet port sits "inside" the acrylic, which means the side panel can then be seated without bending anything

I can also see that you haven't removed the blue protective layer from that bottom acrylic part

-- Jake

Jake
ModMyPi