Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:22 am

Postby BlueWolf » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:12 pm

I've been working on this little pet project for a while involving a Pi Zero W. Now that it's finished I got a few requests from other people who want it so sure enough I gathered all supplies, got a list of what I need. Ordered all the stuff, then ordered 6 zero's... and nope. One Zero per order. Wait what? Oops...

Now my best guess is that this is maybe to lessen the stress on the supplies from the manufacturer?

But what I really want to know, is there _any_ way for me to get a bunch of pi zero w's (6 pieces to be precise) or is it completely blocked off? What if I made multiple orders (and eat 6 times shipping costs, increasing the cost by 40%...)? I don't want to resell them or anyway, as I've heard that's a problem.

I was planning to use all of them for a massive area automation project, each doing their individual bits. I love the size and I've made a small box that contains all the electronics and sensors it needs that I planned to place around the area.

BlueWolf
n00b

Postby Dave » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:49 am

You can order up to 20 units in a single order of our pre-soldered header Pi Zero W's - https://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/ra ... red-header

They are currently out of stock, but we should have more in by the end of the week.

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Postby BlueWolf » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:15 am

That would actually be perfect for me! I'm not really the greatest with soldering. My only worry is that due to size constraints what I really need is an angled gpio header (female/male doesn't matter for me). I've placed them at the bottom facing inwards and it fits perfectly (Like this). I have a pi with normal male headers and that one doesn't fit.

I'll happily pay for a Pi Zero with pre-soldered headers, but can I make a special request to have the headers the angled ones? I really hope that's possible..

BlueWolf
n00b

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:45 am

BlueWolf wrote:That would actually be perfect for me! I'm not really the greatest with soldering. My only worry is that due to size constraints what I really need is an angled gpio header (female/male doesn't matter for me). I've placed them at the bottom facing inwards and it fits perfectly (Like this). I have a pi with normal male headers and that one doesn't fit.

I'll happily pay for a Pi Zero with pre-soldered headers, but can I make a special request to have the headers the angled ones? I really hope that's possible..

Unfortunately we only offer pre-soldered straight male pin headers as this is the "default" setup for the Pi Zero.

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support