Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:37 am

Postby zool » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:50 pm

Hello, it seems Brexit will happen, however things will end, how will this affect ModMyPi's deliveries and pricing to EU? Should any chances eventually happen, I trust that you will inform your customers by email and adding some kind of announcement to website/ordering process? Even though I doubt even ModMyPi could answer this topic right now, I find need for this topic to exist in the first place.

zool
n00b

Postby Jake » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:49 pm

Hi,

Not the best result for international business like us at ModMyPi. We're a bit sad here today, given our large EU customer base :cry:

However, the good news is that in the medium term - probably 2 years or longer - there will be no impact in terms of shipping and deliveries within the EU. The current trade arrangements remain in place and unchanged. Brexit has s a long process of negotiation before actual Bexit happens. So, for the future at least, it will be exactly the same.

After the negotiation period of 2 years or longer, then changes will be agreed and begin to take affect. This will be centred around trade agreements and import/export rules duty and tax. Anything in terms of trading arrangements could be made.

On one side, we could have the same "common market" VAT trade agreement similar to the Norway model, in which case there will be no change to EU customers. You pay UK VAT on orders, and there is no tax or duty at your end.

On the other hand, we may leave the common market. In this instance it is likely that the usual customs import procedure would apply. So you won't pay VAT on your order (it will be tax free on purchase from us), but you would be charged import VAT & duty on entry to your country. If you have ever ordered a product from outside the EU, then you may have dealt with this.

Whatever the outcome for the long term, we will of course inform all out customers.

Regarding pricing - Our EUR/USD/GBP rates are linked and updated regularly against current market values. In the current situation and volatility we have fixed them at a nominal value until the market settles down in the next few days. In the short term it is very likely that the GBP will remain "down" against the EUR and USD. For customers, this means that your EUR/USD will go further against the GBP, so the prices will be comparatively cheaper for the forseeable future. This is a good thing for EU customers

I'm happy to answer questions to the best of my ability - but as you say, it is mostly speculation.

-- Jake

Jake
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support