Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:25 am

Postby moose » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:33 pm

It's been roughly half a year since I last placed order here, and here I am, back again, only to notice strange disappearance/alteration of 5V 2A Ultra HQ USB Power Supply., MMP-0023. The current MMP-0023 seems to be more like ModMyPi's nonmodular power supplies, nondetachable USB-cord and the bright blue led that turns the darkest night into a day.

Maybe ModMyPi simply ran out of the product I used to order or mere 2A not being sufficient but the question is, will ModMyPi ever again sell USB power supplies, which allow one to utilize any desired USB-cord?

And last, I'd really like to request ModMyPi to consider some other way to deal with products that are no longer for sale in more customer friendly-fashion? Maybe leave the old product information in place, but state that product is no longer being sold along with suggestions of replacing products? Also, please do not reassign/recycle the same product id-number (MMP-0023) to new products. It's most confusing.

moose
n00b

Postby Jake » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:38 am

Hi,

I'm afraid that we no longer stock the USB power supplies - the main reason being that the latest iteration of the Raspberry Pi requires 2.5A. This is outside of usual USB spec. and means that the majority of USB/Micro USB cables will no longer work with the Pi 3 - The item was therefore discontinued.

Regarding the discontinuation of products & re-use of product PID's - we usually leave DC'd products live for a year, and then remove them from the site. Unfortunately, leaving them too long can also cause confusion with new customers, so it's a balancing act. It is the same with PID's, we usually leave them a significant amount of time before re-use.

Please accept my apologies that it's caused you confusion on this occasion!

-- Jake

Jake
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support