Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:26 am

Postby CosmosWarrior » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:35 pm

Hi,
My order number is ID #166390.

I sorry to be so late, the screen works several minutes with kind of "burned" image, then the image is broken. Impossible to see or read anything.
Unplugged from electricity, even for several hours, when I plug in back I have the same problem. It takes several days to be back to normal..
I did use the product as notice describes, and with all cables from the box. Problem is here even if it's a raspberry, a computer....
I can provide you pictures or video of the problem, and I would like to change for a different product if possible.

Thanks for your replies.

CosmosWarrior
n00b

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:50 am

Hi,

Unfortunately this product is no longer under warranty.

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Postby CosmosWarrior » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 am

Wow, what an answer!
There must be a mistake,
"ModMyPi LTD will replace any items which become defective within a 12 month period from receipt of cleared payment. This policy does not affect your statutory rights."

"Order Details
Order ID: #166390
Date Added: 27/10/2016"

According to that, I still have 15 days warranty.
I ask you to just follow your returns policy.

CosmosWarrior
n00b

Last edited by CosmosWarrior on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Dave » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 am

CosmosWarrior wrote:How long is the warranty? Isn't it one year?

Yes the warranty is 1 year, however screen burn is not covered under warranty due to it being caused by excessive use. To avoid screen burn a static image should not be displayed for any length of time.

Dave
ModMyPi

Postby CosmosWarrior » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Dave wrote:
CosmosWarrior wrote:How long is the warranty? Isn't it one year?

Yes the warranty is 1 year, however screen burn is not covered under warranty due to it being caused by excessive use. To avoid screen burn a static image should not be displayed for any length of time.

OK, the problem appeared one month after I bought it, screen was on for maximum 10 hours, by waves of 30 mins/one hour.
I'm astonished about your feedback, you really don't care!
This product is under warranty that's the law, and for your business image, it would be bad to have any angry customer like me.

CosmosWarrior
n00b

Postby Jake » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 pm

Hi,

As Dave advised, image burn is typically not covered under the manufacturers warranty, as it is a sign of miss-use of the product and generally considered wear and tear/user fault. However, I'm happy to look into it and discuss with the manufacturer Waveshare for you, and we'll do what we can to help.

So, lets start again. :)

Could you please send an image of how the screen is behaving?

The screen is on for a few minutes, then whatever is on the display permanently "burns" itself into the image? Then once you unplug the device from the power and re-power the image is still the same, and you have to wait days for it to "reset"?

I've done some research, and this should be fixable. You need to use a Windows PC and plug in the monitor:

Please install this Static Screensaver. And please swap the Static Colour to Black & Background Colour to White, like in the picture below, and leave it to run on the screen overnight.

static.png

static.png (245.53 KiB) Viewed 25 times

^^ Please let me know if that fixes the issue?

For your reference, if the product was not functioning correctly after 1 month of use you really should have reported it then. Continuing to use the product up to 15 days before the warranty expires, and then requesting a replacement is cutting it a bit fine ;)

-- Jake

Jake
ModMyPi

Postby CosmosWarrior » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Hello Jake.

I'm happy to read you, moreover you understand the situation perfectly. This item seems to have some issues and is not very reliable, adding the fact I wake up shortly before the end of warranty, I can understand the misunderstanding.
Most important is to help a customer instead closing the door ;-)

I've made some pictures several month ago but it's difficult to have a good image. I''l make a short video tomorrow afternoon, and share the pictures anyway.

Again thank you for your attention and good will.

CosmosWarrior
n00b

Postby CosmosWarrior » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Good evening,

I've just made a short video. (I'll post it tonight because I need my computer to do that)
You can see sort of shadow all around the edge of the screen. We can also see persisting image, again, more at the edges of the screen. This happen after about two minutes of use, time to get in a game (in this situation). It also happening under kodi, windows...
The screen stays like that after reboot/powering off.
I need to wait two or three days to be back to normal.

Thanks for your time and help!

CosmosWarrior
n00b