Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:28 am

Postby DXO378 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Hello! Thank you for a quick delivery.
I bought from you 1 piece, Micro SD to SD Extension Cable

Order ID: 219487, Date Ordered: 24/01/2018.

The cable arrived Friday February 2 and was tested without any remarks.
On Saturday, I'll do multiple trouble-free prints and suddenly, printing will be interrupted when the 3D printer loses communication with the Micro SD card through the extension cable. The control box says there is no SD card.
I also feel that the cable's connector is not locked in the card reader
When the Micro SD card is inserted directly into the 3D printer card reader, there is no problem reading from the memory card.

My 3D printer is a Creality CR-10S 300

Hope for a quick fix because I want a card reader that manages a larger memory card than Micro SD cards that can be easily lost.

Best regards
Per Erik Kock

DXO378
n00b

Postby Dave » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:41 am

DXO378 wrote:I also feel that the cable's connector is not locked in the card reader

When inserting a SD Card into the cable, you need to make sure it is firmly pressed in so that it clicks. The SD card should be flush the the cable casing and not sticking out. I suspect this is your problem.

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Postby PelleKock » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:52 pm

Hello!
Thanks for the reply . The problem is at the other end of the extension cable, the end having the same size as a microSD card and connecting to the control box.
When I try to connect to the microSD connection on the control box, I do not get a click that indicates that there was a locking of the connector in the control box's microSD slot.

When I put the microSD card directly in to the control box's microSD slot I can feel and hear the locking click.

When the extension cable was connected to the control box for the first time, I could hear and feel that the connector was locked. After interruption of printing and troubleshooting, I found that the connector on the extension cable does not lock in the control box's microSD slot.

Best regards
Per Erik Kock

PelleKock
n00b

Postby Dave » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:23 am

Ok, do you have another device you can test it with, to see if it plugs in ok? It could be that your printer's SD card slot isn't suited for this cable.

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support