Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:38 am

Postby sshum » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:41 pm

I have a Pi Top which the screen keeps turning on and off, not constantly, but over 10 minutes it might turn on/off between 1 and several times. I swapped the SD card so I think it's hardware related not software.

Very slight movements (like pressing a key) can trigger it, and sometimes it will turn on /off with touching nothing.

Sometimes it won't turn back on, even moving wires/closing opening lid, but when I shut it down, it will reboot with the screen on.

Any ideas?

Thank you

sshum
n00b

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:56 am

I'm really sorry about that.

I have contacted Pi-Top to see if they have any suggestions and will report back when I hear from them.

In the mean time, could you post your order ID please.

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:02 pm

Pi-Top have suggested the following:

Could we please ask the customer to slightly loosen the screw on the cooling bridge.

If this does not resolve the issue, please disassemble and then reassemble the pi-top, ensuring that the left hand side of the cooling bridge is inserted all the way in.

The cooling bridge screw should be fastened securely, but not too tightly.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue

Dave
ModMyPi

Postby sshum » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:11 pm

Hello,

My order ID is: #215204

I am now on Half Term and won't be in school the next week, however it was still doing it on Friday when I was using it at Lunchtime.

sshum
n00b

Postby sshum » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:19 pm

I also just remembered that I took a video during one of my lessons to show what it is doing. You can see that the screen had already turned off, and when I went to slide the keyboard it turned on, then flickered when I wasn't touching it at all.

https://youtu.be/nMEWddjqoi8

sshum
n00b

Postby Dave » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:34 am

sshum wrote:I also just remembered that I took a video during one of my lessons to show what it is doing. You can see that the screen had already turned off, and when I went to slide the keyboard it turned on, then flickered when I wasn't touching it at all.

https://youtu.be/nMEWddjqoi8

Ok, it does look like it could be a dodgy connection.

I notice you have a couple add-ons plugged in as well. Might be worth unplugging them whilst re-building the unit, and leave them disconnected, to make sure they aren't causing an issue.

Dave
ModMyPi