Advanced search FAQ Register Login

It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:01 pm

Postby cocod17 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:57 pm

Hello,
I am using the new UPS PIco HV3.0B board, as opposed to the older HV3.0A board. When I was using the A-board, there were external pins that I was able to connect to in order to simulate a button push. For instance, there is an external pin to connect to the FSSD pin and simulate a File Safe Shutdown without having to press the button physically. This was a great feature as the RPi is not always accessible. Unfortunately, when I received the newer board, the HV3.0B board, these external connectivity pins were no longer to be found. I am able to locate the top and bottom solder points of each button and would like to be able to simulate a button push as I did with the last board, the A-board.
Therefore, my question is if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of a schematic or drawing showing the current flow of the buttons? I want to solder a wire at the top and bottom points of the already solder button joints. Is this even possible with the newer B-board?
Thank you for your help.

cocod17
n00b

Postby Dave » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:39 am

cocod17 wrote:Hello,
I am using the new UPS PIco HV3.0B board, as opposed to the older HV3.0A board. When I was using the A-board, there were external pins that I was able to connect to in order to simulate a button push. For instance, there is an external pin to connect to the FSSD pin and simulate a File Safe Shutdown without having to press the button physically. This was a great feature as the RPi is not always accessible. Unfortunately, when I received the newer board, the HV3.0B board, these external connectivity pins were no longer to be found. I am able to locate the top and bottom solder points of each button and would like to be able to simulate a button push as I did with the last board, the A-board.
Therefore, my question is if anyone would be able to point me in the direction of a schematic or drawing showing the current flow of the buttons? I want to solder a wire at the top and bottom points of the already solder button joints. Is this even possible with the newer B-board?
Thank you for your help.

I'm guessing you bought the module directly from PiModules (as we don't have any stock yet) - As we don't have any stock I'm unable to test this and find out for you. Your best bet is to contact PiModules via their forums - http://www.forum.pimodules.com/

Dave
ModMyPi

Forum Administrator & Technical Support