Battborg unsoldered kit

None of the above? Put it here! Boop!
Bodinskeg
n00b

Battborg unsoldered kit

Post by Bodinskeg » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Just taken receipt of two battborg power adapters in bits! I am going to solder these myself so that I can fit them directly on my Pi3 header. I won't be attaching the battery screw terminals, but will be attaching a pp3 connector directly. This means they fit on my Pi3 easily. I already 'adjusted' one like this - took off the screw terminal.

My queries are twofold...

First, there is a small plastic cover on the smaller of the two parts, below the nut. Do I peel this off before placing the two pieces together?

Second, has anyone soldered these together using the conductive glue? My eyes aren't so good any more so this might be a less painful option.

So far I have a waterproof camera (Pi Zero in a clear plastic box), a lego car with a camera on the front (Pi Zero), an LED strip that crawls along a tube, showing an image as it goes that I can photograph - a bit like the light stick (Pi Zero and customised hat), a large animated paper puppet that moves when I make various gestures at it (Pi2, motor hat, Leap motion detector, desktop Linux box - that was a very silly idea!), at least 5 cameras that take pictures of birds (Pi2/3 and external motion sensor, and broadcast control program), and a touchy touchy music machine (Pi2, copper tape, touch sensor hat) .

Dave
ModMyPi

Re: Battborg unsoldered kit

Post by Dave » Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:32 pm

Bodinskeg wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:15 pm
First, there is a small plastic cover on the smaller of the two parts, below the nut. Do I peel this off before placing the two pieces together?
Are you able to post a picture to illustrate this plastic cover? I don't think anything needs removing before assembling the parts.
Bodinskeg wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:15 pm
Second, has anyone soldered these together using the conductive glue? My eyes aren't so good any more so this might be a less painful option.
Yeah this could work? I've personally never used conductive glue though. You'll need to make sure the glue is low enough resistance otherwise you might see a voltage drop
Forum Administrator & Technical Support