PiModules support sucks, any change to get info from them?

Any no related topics moved here.
Siewert308SW
Initiated

PiModules support sucks, any change to get info from them?

Post by Siewert308SW » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:11 pm

Dear,

Any change we as Pimodules user/ costumer can get any information regarding firmware status or company true you from them?
As you are stronger as company then we are a.
Little story behind this question. (not the whole story)
For over a year now we are awaiting firmware 0x50 for our UPS PIco HV3.0A series.
Every time we ask for a status they answer with excuses like staff shortages and that the firmware is ready and will be released next week.
Don't talk about other excesses but this drama is going on for over a year now.

Mean while i pulled both my Pico boards of my Raspberry almost 6 months ago as the devices are unusable due to the fact the current firmware 0xE3 are stuffed with bugs.
Due to the fact the main meaning/usage of the UPS is unusable and not reliable.
So i throw them away as i'm very angry.
We are fed up with their customer service and mean while it seems they blocked there forum for any post.
And PM's aren't answered so as customer we stand alone and hope you can get any info.
Setup:
1x RPi3 - PIco hv3.0A Plus / Domoticz / RFXtrx433E
1x RPi3 - PiHole / logging gas,elec
3x FI9803P Cam
2x Youless Elec/Gas
4x KD101 detectors
a lot of KaKu/CoCo stuff

Domoticz scripts: @ GitHub
pico_installer: @ GitHub
pico_status: @ GitHub

Jake
ModMyPi

Re: PiModules support sucks, any change to get info from them?

Post by Jake » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:46 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid to say that we are also awaiting new firmware. I'm aware that there have been personal issues with the main project developer over the past year, of which I can't go into details for obvious reasons. However, I'm aware that the project should be back on track now.

That does not excuse broken promises to you in the past, and all I can do is apologise on their behalf for the frustration caused.

Did you purchase the units direct or via us? If via ourselves, I'll be happy to look at having the product refunded or replaced? If from PiModules direct, I am happy to bring this to their attention?

-- Jake
Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Siewert308SW
Initiated

Re: PiModules support sucks, any change to get info from them?

Post by Siewert308SW » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:58 pm

Jake wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:46 pm
Hi,

I'm afraid to say that we are also awaiting new firmware. I'm aware that there have been personal issues with the main project developer over the past year, of which I can't go into details for obvious reasons. However, I'm aware that the project should be back on track now.

That does not excuse broken promises to you in the past, and all I can do is apologise on their behalf for the frustration caused.

Did you purchase the units direct or via us? If via ourselves, I'll be happy to look at having the product refunded or replaced? If from PiModules direct, I am happy to bring this to their attention?

-- Jake
Over the past year?
I've been there since the end of 2016 and haven't seen anything else then troubles.
Reported bugs weren't fixed first while to much features where added at once over and over again which made debugging a nightmare.
We have been reporting this over and over to them/him to slow it down and fix issues first before adding new features.
Also the attitude of those guys towards and light criticism is highly annoying.
But the most annoying thing is that they aren't transparent and full of promises which they can't keep or execute.
And this also was/is the case before i wandered their forum, look at the earlier released hardware (2016 and earlier) so this aint a thing since last year but looks more like years...

Unfortunately i bought the devices locally and the warranty expired a couple months ago.
So that's a no go and on the other hand for me personally (with some other users also) i don't want to have anything to do with company ever.
Buying i little piece of hardware which costs more then a Pi it self and then taking the piss out of us.

Normally i wouldn't write to a bigger company but we as user don't have the power to persuade them.
So since their forum has gone tits up and PM aint answered i decided to write to you.
I had hoped for a other answer but thx anyway and hope future users or users who already have a device with more patience are out their troubles soon.
Me waiting a year and for a usable firmware and being fooled for two years is the last drop for me.
Of course you may bring this to their attention as this is the reason i wrote here but have no good feeling that it will help.
As this company looks like is going tits up which isn't a surprise and i still wonder why they still in business, if you run a company like they do overhre you wouldn't survive for a year.

Thx anyway...
Setup:
1x RPi3 - PIco hv3.0A Plus / Domoticz / RFXtrx433E
1x RPi3 - PiHole / logging gas,elec
3x FI9803P Cam
2x Youless Elec/Gas
4x KD101 detectors
a lot of KaKu/CoCo stuff

Domoticz scripts: @ GitHub
pico_installer: @ GitHub
pico_status: @ GitHub