Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ not booting

Need some help with your shiny new breakout board, or something not working right? Let us help you here!
MelanieTomlinson
n00b

Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ not booting

Post by MelanieTomlinson » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:50 pm

Hi!

I have recently received my order from you (OrderID: 261340) and attempted to boot up the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ (product code: MMP-1153). The "rainbow square" came up with a small yellow thunderbolt in the right-hand corner of the screen and the Pi failed to go any further. Also, the red LED on the Pi was flashing intermittently.

I have used Raspberry Pis for the last 2 years for activities in schools, using them to control motors via a Thunderborg card. This is the first time this issue occurred. In this instance I have connected the Thunderborg to the Pi and powered the Thuderborg (which in turn powers the Pi) with a 12V 5A power supply. A NOOBS SD card was used. Just to re-iterate, I have used this set-up a few times before. I am running two identical projects concurrently, so when this Pi failed to boot-up, I tried the power supply from the other Pi/Thunderborg set (which is working fine) with no result. I then proceeded to disconnect the Thunderborg from the Pi and plugged in an original Raspberry Pi power supply (2.5A) - same result (at this point the only things plugged into the Pi were power cable, HDMI, keyboard and mouse).

I am running out of things to try and I need to have the installation ready for Monday. Is there anything that you can suggest trying? If I can't resolve this by tomorrow I'm going to have to ask for a refund for the Pi and order a replacement from Amazon (as a prime customer I get free next-day delivery).

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards

Melanie

Dave
ModMyPi

Re: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ not booting

Post by Dave » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Unfortunately it does sound like a faulty Raspberry Pi.

I will have our sales team contact you to arrange a return for a refund as we won't be able to guarantee your replacement will arrive in time.
Forum Administrator & Technical Support