Issue setting up TEMper2 usb temperature probe

Need some help with your shiny new breakout board, or something not working right? Let us help you here!
hunty1980
n00b

Issue setting up TEMper2 usb temperature probe

Post by hunty1980 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:19 pm

Order ID: 233048
Version of Raspberry Pi: 3 model B
Part Code/Part Name: TEMper2 USB Dual temperature sensor
Fault: device not recognized by raspberry pi - unknown device
Troubleshooting Completed:
I have used a clean image of raspbian, fully updated and upgraded. I have followed the guide mentioned on the product page (although this took some googling to work. I think there may be pre requisites I was unaware of as a noob or it may be out of date). I managed to get the modules installed with a bit of googling.

Running the temper-poll command returns “Found 0 devices”

The device is there (id 413d:2107) but no vendor info. Again, I am a bit over my head. I only know the above info from googling troubleshooting guides. I thought this was pretty much plug and play. It clearly says super easy setup on the product page. If you are a linux expert and not just starting out, that may be the case. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Dave
ModMyPi

Re: Issue setting up TEMper2 usb temperature probe

Post by Dave » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:22 am

I'm really sorry that you're having trouble with your TEMPer2 USB device.

It seem's that the manufacture has changed the internals slightly in the latest version, meaning that the temper-python library no longer works.

You can either keep an eye on the issued posted here - https://github.com/padelt/temper-python/issues/84 - in the hope that a fix is released soon. Or I can arrange a return for a refund.

Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Forum Administrator & Technical Support

hunty1980
n00b

Post by hunty1980 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:07 pm

No worries. These things happen. Glad ibwasnt being stupid! Could I arrange for a return and refund please. Cheers.

Dave
ModMyPi

Post by Dave » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:46 am

hunty1980 wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:07 pm
No worries. These things happen. Glad ibwasnt being stupid! Could I arrange for a return and refund please. Cheers.
Not a problem, I will have sales contact you now to arrange the return.
Forum Administrator & Technical Support