Pi + camera + accessories

Want to make your Pi beautiful? Let's give it a makeover!
mtwallet
n00b

Pi + camera + accessories

Post by mtwallet » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Hi All,

I am looking for a Pi + camera + accessories purchase that will allow me to read multiple QR codes from either realtime video or at least every XX seconds. Please can you advise on what Pi (latest?) and accessories I would need to achieve this? I have recently seen a tech demo that appeared to use this case minus the fisheye lense. I have pictures I can email if need be. I have never used a Pi or anything similar so I have zero knowledge on the subject and would appreciate some pointers.

Many thanks in advance

Dave
ModMyPi

Re: Pi + camera + accessories

Post by Dave » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:35 am

mtwallet wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:48 pm
Hi All,

I am looking for a Pi + camera + accessories purchase that will allow me to read multiple QR codes from either realtime video or at least every XX seconds. Please can you advise on what Pi (latest?) and accessories I would need to achieve this? I have recently seen a tech demo that appeared to use this case minus the fisheye lense. I have pictures I can email if need be. I have never used a Pi or anything similar so I have zero knowledge on the subject and would appreciate some pointers.

Many thanks in advance
To get you started with the Raspberry Pi we have a few different setup kits depending on how much stuff you already have at home.

If you have a keyboard and mouse spare already then our Starter Kit should get you up and running. If you want to get everything you need, then the Ultimate Kit is the way forward.

Then you'll need to get a camera module. The official camera module has the best MP rating which will give you a better, more crisp image, which you may need for reading QR codes.

That is all you should need hardware wise.

If you've never done any coding then you'll need to have a search on the old interwebs to see if someone has done QR reading on a Pi before (I'm sure someone will have). It might be worth reading up on Python (the main programming language used on the RPi) and getting yourself familiar with it first though.
Forum Administrator & Technical Support