New Project - LEGO Brickheadz

None of the above? Put it here! Boop!
smokeysworld
n00b

New Project - LEGO Brickheadz

Post by smokeysworld » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:54 pm

As this is my first post, I'll highlight that I am pretty tech savvy and am fine with electronics but I know very little of the raspberry pi for more than just the standard pc/media/retro gaming type thing.

I will try to describe my project I am attempting to do but open with the fact that I don't know if this is all possible (and cheaply).

My plan is to make wooden shelving in cubes in order to house individual LEGO Brickheadz characters. Within each box there will be a top led and bottom led. The top will be white, the bottom will be a colour suitable to the character in the box.

So. for example, if Thanos is in the box, the top led will be white and the bottom one purple.

Now for the harder part.

When on, all coloured (bottom) leds will be lit.

I want to ultimately have an android app that will have each character to select. On selecting one, the matching white led will illuminate and a sound clip will play (specific to the character of course!) It will then default back to only the bottom coloured leds being lit.

I am fine with the wiring etc, my main queries are:

1. Can the pi control 30+ individual leds and turn them on by command
2. Can the pi link with an android app to complete the suggested application
3. Is there any recommendations for creating a simple app for this function (no app building experience)

Thank you for any replies.

Blair.