BME280 strange readouts - defective?

Need some help with your shiny new breakout board, or something not working right? Let us help you here!
tphoeksma
n00b

BME280 strange readouts - defective?

Post by tphoeksma » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:46 pm

On September 28th I received a new BME280 sensor to start working on my weather station project.

Until half November it functioned fine: the readouts were as expected and the program that I wrote for it ran without errors.

In the night of November 19th suddenly the readouts became strange: the pressure was -176 Hpa, which would be a very strong vacuum, the humidity levels didn't vary any more: it stayed 100%.

Although the sensor was good protected against rain and moisture this occurred. And I don't know how to explain it.
The Raspberry Pi to which the sensor is connector seems to function quite normal. All other sorts of tasks I can execute, whitout any problem.

I'd like to ask you if you have an explanation for this behavaiour. Could the sensor be technically defective?

I hope you 'll answer me soon and can offer me a solution.

With regards, Ton Hoeksma

Dave
ModMyPi

Re: BME280 strange readouts - defective?

Post by Dave » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:08 am

Please post your Order ID.

If you purchased the Adafruit BME280 I2C or SPI Temperature Humidity Pressure Sensor then your best bet is to contact them for troubleshooting as they will be able to provide you with better support.
Forum Administrator & Technical Support