Wlan0 on Pi3B+

Need some help with your shiny new breakout board, or something not working right? Let us help you here!
Aishaq
n00b

Wlan0 on Pi3B+

Post by Aishaq » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased these two RPi 3B+ boards from Modmypi on Amazon. I was wondering if there have been any reports of hardware issues pertaining to the wifi or ethernet connections? I have been having issues with the board when attempting to run Octoprint. I current have one Rpi 3 board with Octoprint set up, so I have went through some troubleshooting with this and made changes to the appropriate files.

With these new boards, iwconfig throws "eth0 - no wireless extensions, lo - no wireless extensions". Going into "raspi-config", "network options", and "N2 Wi-fi Enter SSID and passphrase" throws "No wireless interface found". It seems as if both readouts show that wlan0 is not available. I went through the appropriate apt-get upgrade and update, etc.

Thank you for your help.
Best wishes,
Abbas

Aishaq
n00b

RPi 3B+ wifi issue

Post by Aishaq » Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:25 pm

Hi,

Order no: 026-1396180-1621948:
Model: Pi 3B+
Part code: B00LPESRUK
Fault: Wifi connection issue
Troubleshooting:

Hi, I recently purchased these two boards from you guys. Have there been any reports of hardware issues pertaining to the wifi or ethernet connections? I have been having issues with the board when attempting to run Octoprint. I current have one Rpi 3 board with Octoprint set up, so I have went through some troubleshooting with this and made changes to the appropriate files. With these new boards, iwconfig throws "eth0 - no wireless extensions, lo - no wireless extensions". Going into "raspi-config", "network options", and "N2 Wi-fi Enter SSID and passphrase" throws "No wireless interface found". It seems as if both readouts show that wlan0 is not available. Can I have some help with this?

Cheers,
Abbas

Dave
ModMyPi

Re: Wlan0 on Pi3B+

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:07 am

Could you try installing the latest version of Rasbian - http://s.modmypi.com/noobs - and see if the WiFi works then, as I suspect it's a compatibility issue between Octoprint and the Pi 3B+
Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Aishaq
n00b

Post by Aishaq » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 am

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your reply, apologies for being so late on this. Busy Jan.

So I did as you suggested and received "no wireless interface" in Raspbian and iwconfig again showed the same thing. This was for both of the Pi 3B+ I had that I ordered together. Where do we go from here?

Dave
ModMyPi

Post by Dave » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:16 am

Aishaq wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:54 am
Hi Dave,
Thanks for your reply, apologies for being so late on this. Busy Jan.

So I did as you suggested and received "no wireless interface" in Raspbian and iwconfig again showed the same thing. This was for both of the Pi 3B+ I had that I ordered together. Where do we go from here?
I've just checked your order and it appears you have ordered the Raspberry Pi Model B+ (not the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+) - Unfortunately it doesn't have built in WiFi. You will need to use a USB WiFi dongle.
Forum Administrator & Technical Support

Aishaq
n00b

Post by Aishaq » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:07 am

Ah that makes sense then. I'll just use these boards for something else. Thanks for your help.