SD Card not detected: suspect faulty out of the box

Need some help with your shiny new breakout board, or something not working right? Let us help you here!
PaulWatts
n00b

SD Card not detected: suspect faulty out of the box

Post by PaulWatts » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:29 am

Hello Technical Support,
Invoice ID: 246721
- Micro SD Card: 8GB w/ Official Adaptor (Class 10) **MMP-1282**

This is a new SD Card out of the box first time use to try and format the card. The card appears to be faulty and probably is.

I have installed 'SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0.1' onto 2 laptops (Win 10) and neither of them detect the SD Card so I am unable to format the SD card to install NOOBS as shown in this link.
https://www.modmypi.com/blog/how-to-install-noobs

Please do assist me to remedy this problem or exchange/replace the SD Card.

I have already verified the Laptop SD Card reader and the SD Memory Card Formatter application are functional by detecting a different SD Card and displaying it in the device list.
Another important fact to note is that using Windows Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Disk Management, when inserted the SD Card is not detected or listed. The other SD card is detected and listed as an available device.

This is why I conclude the 'Micro SD Card: 8GB w/ Official Adaptor (Class 10) **MMP-1282**' is defective new out of the box first use.

BR,
Paul Watts.

Dave
ModMyPi

Re: SD Card not detected: suspect faulty out of the box

Post by Dave » Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:35 am

I'm really sorry about that!

It does indeed sound like the SD card is faulty! I will have our sales team arrange a return for you now.
Forum Administrator & Technical Support