HV3.0B+ help

Need some help with your shiny new breakout board, or something not working right? Let us help you here!
joe
n00b

HV3.0B+ help

Post by joe » Fri May 10, 2019 8:42 am

Hi

I have one of your HV3.0B+ hats working nicely as an UPS.

I had purchased it because of the sensors it provides rather than the UPS functionality (voltage monitoring mainly).

Is there a way I can initialize the board without having to install all the software, I just want to be able to use i2cget and i2cset to access the provided registers?

Is there a certain pin sequence or setup I need to perform to be able to access the functionality?

Dave
ModMyPi

Re: HV3.0B+ help

Post by Dave » Fri May 10, 2019 8:53 am

Is there a particular reason why you don't want to install the required software? It's just a script that runs in the background.

I don't think the PIco will function well, if at all, without the daemon installed. As, without it, the PIco doesn't know if the Raspberry Pi is on and functioning.

Setup is very basic and only requires a few steps to get it all installed - https://github.com/modmypi/PiModules/wi ... stallation
Forum Administrator & Technical Support

joe
n00b

Post by joe » Fri May 10, 2019 9:14 am

Thanks

Yes the setup is easy, I have had the board working nicely.

I didn't want the email functionality, which seems to be baked in to the software. Also the safe shutdown functionality is managed by the python script. I want to handle the interrupt using a separate application. I guess I could modify picofssd

Code: Select all

os.system('/sbin/shutdown -h now')
to invoke an external application?

Dave
ModMyPi

Post by Dave » Fri May 10, 2019 9:16 am

joe wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 9:14 am
Thanks

Yes the setup is easy, I have had the board working nicely.

I didn't want the email functionality, which seems to be baked in to the software. Also the safe shutdown functionality is managed by the python script. I want to handle the interrupt using a separate application. I guess I could modify picofssd

Code: Select all

os.system('/sbin/shutdown -h now')
to invoke an external application?
Yes absolutely! You can edit the daemon as needed to make calls to external scripts.
Forum Administrator & Technical Support