Upside down display on eInk Display pHAT 2.13"

Need some help with your shiny new breakout board, or something not working right? Let us help you here!
neilsimms
n00b

Upside down display on eInk Display pHAT 2.13"

Post by neilsimms » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Hi,

I recently purchased the eInk Display pHAT - 2.13" and have only tried out the demo programs so far.

When it arrived it was showing the same image as the product photo, although a negative version of it.

Having plugged it onto a RaspberryPi zero, when I run the demo apps, it displays the same image, but upside down! The demo then goes on to show the current time, but is still the wrong way up. I have run the python and compiled c programs. Same result from them all.

This would not be a problem if I was using straight regular header pins, but I have soldered on a 90 degree header pin, so that the display is perpendicular to the Pi.

Has anybody else seen this behaviour and knows how to fix it, or do I have a faulty unit?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
ModMyPi

Re: Upside down display on eInk Display pHAT 2.13"

Post by Dave » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:39 am

Could you post your order ID for me please.

Could you also post a picture of the screen displaying an image upside down please.
Forum Administrator & Technical Support

neilsimms
n00b

Re: Upside down display on eInk Display pHAT 2.13"

Post by neilsimms » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:41 pm

Hi.

I'm going to put this down to user error :roll:

Looking in the code samples, they all rotate the image by 180 degrees before displaying them. Hence the upside down output! Seems a bit of a strange thing for it to do.

I altered the examples and it's all the right way up now.

I'm now very happy writing my own code.